|My team selected these letters|
Today we are undertaking our own version of all of these competitions thrown in together, with the game of Scrabble thrown in. Scrabble? Really? Yep!
|Ohhh, there are some REALLY great|
letters in there...I want a G
This weekend our youngest daughter came home from college for the first time in her Freshman year and there were a lot of people who wanted to gather to see her, so I decided to throw her a party. Now it just so happened that this Saturday is also the birthday of one of my friends and her youngest son, and they are good friends with our youngest daughter...the planning begins...and they want to host the party at their house...
My friend's husband loves to cook and really loves to create great food. Last year we began cooking some fun things together check out this link for one of those events: A Fun Prom Dinner, so he started to hatch a really fun plan....and here's where we are today in the middle of competition...
- Seven of us ranging in age from 64-14 met at the grocery store and drew teams of 2-3 people;
- Waiting for their assignments, several other family teams were ready for the texts that would give them their instructions;
- Each team drew 4 Scrabble letters (consonants only);
- Each team has to buy four ingredients beginning with their 4 letters that will be used to create an appetizer, side dish and entree;
- We had 30 minutes to shop;
- Before the cooking begins, all of the purchased ingredients will be divided up among the teams using a lottery system, so we may not end up with the ingredients we purchased;
- We will have 90 minutes to make a delicious meal worthy of all of the guests who be arriving at 6:00;
- When the cooking begins, we will have use of a pantry and can send our sous chefs to the store to add a few supplemental ingredients;
- The family teams that began offsite won't have to trade their ingredients and will bring their dishes prepared and ready to go;
- Did I mention this was a competition? We will have scoring sheets and prizes And we will have a great time cooking in the kitchen and enjoying all of the fun...can't wait to start cooking!
|Veal, tomatoes, lentils and noodles, a nice basket|
but we may not end up with these ingredients
by the time the cooking begins...