Ad sense html

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Candied Bacon on a Stick? What is the craziest food on RAGBRAI?

Every year I seek out the craziest food while riding my bike across Iowa, it gives me an excuse to stop and eat at the most fun and out of the way places. I especially love it when I can bring a recipe home for something unusual and test it until I can publish the recipe. I have certainly found a few good ones from this trip too, but so far the most fun and tastiest has been the candied bacon on a stick and at 1 for $1.00 or 3 for $2.00...it was the best deal of the day! I can't wait to get home and test it because it seems really easy and will please many people, salt, fat and sugar all of the things that bikers need. Until then, here are a few pictures...

This booth caught my eye


And then he invited me in...

And then here was the tray just waiting for me...
The candied bacon on a stick was brought to us by www.foodwithflair.com and they had some other delicious treats for the riders passing through...sure hope I get to eat some more tomorrow...

For the riders out there...what is the craziest food you have eaten while riding on #RAGBRAI?

For those of you who have not ridden, do you have any questions for me, anything you want me to check out while I am riding. This year the course is so much easier, short days of only 50 - 60 miles a day and tht gives me time to play a little each day. I would love to seek out the answers to your questions. Until then, from my table (wherever that may be) to yours...Mama Caruso

No comments:

Post a Comment