Ad sense html

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Andrew Zimmern Inspires Foodies at #TECHmunch Food Bloggers Workshop



Andrew Zimmern along with so many other presenters and speakers offered words of advice, guidance and stories about their experiences at the #TECHmunch Food Bloggers Workshop in Minneapolis today. The message that I heard over and over again was “Have a point of view and stand by it.” Well, I am very clear about
what I am doing on this blog -  I am bringing food and travel to people’s lives. I have been writing this blog in my head for 14 years and have 3 times that many stories to share with you. While at times today I felt overwhelmed at all of the great things I can be doing to deliver stories, recipes, food and travel tips, photos and other products to my readers - I did not flinch. Even while I was surpassing my past learning curve technologically and identifying all of the mistakes I have made so far – I was not deterred. And, when it became apparent that I made a mistake on my beautiful business cards – I still handed them out. Writing this food and travel blog is like arriving at the end of the tunnel and the bright light is shining all over and in me. This is a culmination of years of experiences and work and now it all makes sense; sure I am going to make lots of mistakes…that’s @mamacaruso1, NOT #mamacaruso1, I am probably going to shed a few tears…especially learning about all of the Twitter stuff…and I am going to take a few steps backwards every now and then…we’ll get to that in a moment…but I am certain that people who visit my blog just like those who sit at my table will be entertained, will laugh and will learn something new about other people, and themselves while having a great time learning about food and travel. I am certain about writing this food and travel blog.

Today I was planning on launching one of my favorite recipes, but gained some new ideas about delivering my recipes to my readers that I would like to explore. So you will just have to wait a little longer for Mama Caruso’s Ribollita recipe, and I assure you it will be worth the wait. So hang in there with me and enjoy the show. I am very interested in hearing from you – so please write your comments in the comment box below – it will mean a lot to hear from you – all comments are appreciated, especially feedback about topics, stories and things you would like to see on the blog.

The photo is from today, Driscoll’s berries fed us delightful cups of fresh raspberries, blackberries and strawberries and while I think I probably guessed the correct number of berries in the platter – I was still trying to figure out how to blog that answer to @driscollsberries …not sure who got all of my tweets????

Okay – looking forward to hearing from all of you and be looking forward to changes to the site as I work through the feedback and some of the ideas I learned today. On Monday I will be writing about traditions that involve food and not necessarily holidays. If you have a food tradition that is special to you, please write it in the comments section too or e-mail me at mamacaruso@yahoo.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment